Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV Empty
PostSubject: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:00 pm

We know a family where the kids aren't allowed to watch SpongeBob anymore. I don't understand the problem. What's wrong with Spongebob?
Back to top Go down
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:41 pm

I've never watched spongebob, but its because my husband has this bizarre thing about refusing to pay for cable. I didnt watch much television growing up, didnt have a tv in my bedroom until I was 25. I dont think I'll let my kids have a tv in their rooms either.

But as for unacceptable, I think I'll just limit stuff to whats age appropriate. I dont want my kids to watch stuff that has kids all sexed up.
Back to top Go down
summeraire
summeraire

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:49 pm

i think he is rude and iggnorant but that is just me silent
Back to top Go down
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:01 am

Quote :
i think he is rude and iggnorant but that is just me silent

So what about him don't you like? I've never heard SpongeBob critics before. I thought everybody loved him scratch
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:50 am

lol I never thought much about spongebob. I can understand a Mama feeling he doesn't set a good example- he is pretty ignorant lol.
But.. I have heard, and I don't know how true this is, but I've heard some people don't like him cause he's gay. confused
I don't know.

As for TV in general- I admit it- my kids watch cartoon network and I think it's a bunch of junk TV. I do limit how much they watch at least. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Ed, Edd, n Eddie kills brain cells Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:55 am

Quote :
but I've heard some people don't like him cause he's gay.

Ah. But kids don't look for or care about that stuff anyway. Meh.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:52 am

Right lol, I mean look at Bert and Ernie- I didn't see parents banning Sesame Street lol
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:46 pm

My kids only watch spongebob because my hubby & I loooooooooooove spongebob! haha, so I guess my opinion is a bit biased here. I don't think it's that bad. It doesn't exactly teach anything, except for maybe some social skills, but it's fun! Now, Family Guy on the other hand, has to be turned...
Back to top Go down
http://designbaby.net
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:37 am

^^^ LOL
I am such a bad Mom! Lily has seen the episode... where Stewie is trying to change the weather to kill all the broccoli LOL, she loves it! That's an old episode- they were tamer back then, some of the newer episodes are a bit much even for me.
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:50 am

Nina wrote:
^^^ LOL
I am such a bad Mom! Lily has seen the episode... where Stewie is trying to change the weather to kill all the broccoli LOL, she loves it! That's an old episode- they were tamer back then, some of the newer episodes are a bit much even for me.

Oh man, we use to watch it ALL the time with the kids in the room, until I started to notice Hayden watching it & WHAT exactly he was seeing! I think it was the episode where the mayor kills the Domino's Noid that I realized woahhhhh, hayden definitely doesn't need to see this!
Back to top Go down
http://designbaby.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV   Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV Empty

Back to top Go down

Acceptable vs Unacceptable TV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crispy Mumz :: General :: General-
Jump to: