Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm an Army wife, hooah!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

I'm an Army wife, hooah! Empty
PostSubject: I''m an Army wife, hooah!   I'm an Army wife, hooah! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:06 pm

I thought I would start this thread just in case we had any military wives pop in. Here's a little bit of a convo starter:

- DH is in flight school

- We moved off post earlier this year and we being able to talk on the phone while driving, as well as driving more than 10 MPH. Also, ---- Military Housing sucks. Cool
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: I'm an Army wife, hooah!   I'm an Army wife, hooah! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Ex-Army wife here- hooah! LOL
Have given birth during two deployments- so I have experience in that category if anyone comes around this board facing that issue. Ummm... what else? My only base experience is at Fort Drum in upstate NY. Yeah, let's see if there are any other military families here!
Oh yeah, my ex- which is the father of my kids from our marriage- he's in Afghanistan right now- so that sux for the kids. He visits (stays with us) every chance he gets- so that is really great! But yeah, he wont have leave till October... not fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

PostSubject: Re: I'm an Army wife, hooah!   I'm an Army wife, hooah! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:29 am

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a military wife. I didnt want to have a husband around all the time to boss me around.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: I'm an Army wife, hooah!   I'm an Army wife, hooah! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:32 am

Sahel578 wrote:
When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a military wife. I didnt want to have a husband around all the time to boss me around.

Laughing hehe
Back to top Go down
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm an Army wife, hooah!   I'm an Army wife, hooah! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:03 pm

LOL! So true. I think military wives are unfairly portrayed as weak and submissive. I'm not sure where that came from, but we have to run things in the absence of our men most of the time. I have never mowed a lawn in my life - nor do I know how to operate a mower, but my husband was out of town on a funeral last weekend and I got out there and started poking around and trying to remember what I've seen. I cut the front and back yards (1/4 acre) until I ran out of gas. Still not sure how that part works yet. I wonder what other skills I'll pick up while he's out. The whole reason we got the new car when we did was so it didn't need any fixing while he was in Korea for a year. I dread having to learn mechanics...
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: I'm an Army wife, hooah!   I'm an Army wife, hooah! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:07 pm

^^^ Great points!
I could write a book with all the stuff I've learned to do myself along the way, all the adventures and mishaps. Oh man. lol
Back to top Go down
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

PostSubject: Re: I'm an Army wife, hooah!   I'm an Army wife, hooah! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:09 pm

I would NEVER think of military moms as weak or submissive. They have to be some super strong women. You have to be both mama and daddy, take care of everything... like you said.. mowing the lawn and all that... plus you have the added fear of the danger that comes not just with the job, but what about if you and yours are stationed overseas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm an Army wife, hooah!   I'm an Army wife, hooah! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm an Army wife, hooah!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crispy Mumz :: Relationships :: Marriage, Family, and the like :: Military Families-
Jump to: