Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free Surrogacy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Would you surrogate for free?

I hear women do it all the time as a "gift" or that it's an honor and a privilege or something like that. I'll never forget this one surrogate who delivered something like quads via c-section. She refused payment. She said it was her pleasure. I was barely in high school at the time but it sounded crazy to me. All I had heard about pregnancy at that point was stretch marks, weight gain, and PAIN.

My pregnancy was healthy and normal. I was miserable with the vomiting through all three trimesters, but other than that, it wasn't that bad. I'm not sure I would do it for free, though, if I would ever do it again. I do admit, I felt very empowered afterward and I kind of had a "that wasn't so bad" attitude about it. Not sure if I would be so chipper a few days/weeks later with engorged breasts, sore genitals/abdominal incision, stretch marks!, crazy hormones, and no new baby to love or large check to cash. But, that's just me. It takes a special woman...
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:59 am

I always wanted to, before I had 5 myself. Now, I don't feel my body could handle it- I'm not that Duggar chick, I cannot pop out kid after kid- my body/uterus is TIRED!

But it was on my list of things I wanted to do before I die, along with donating a kidney- so maybe I can still do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:28 am

I'm pretty sure you cannot legally pay someone to be a surrogate for you. So while some women may be doing it out of the kindness of their hearts, others may only be saying they did it for free, for tax or legal reasons.
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:13 am

Well, if I wasn't married to ray i might consider just donating my eggs. I couldn't imagine going through all of that bonding during pregnancy, and then it just being over, handing over the baby & being done. I think that'd be quite depressing.
Back to top Go down
http://designbaby.net
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Sahel578 wrote:
Quote :
I'm pretty sure you cannot legally pay someone to be a surrogate for you. So while some women may be doing it out of the kindness of their hearts, others may only be saying they did it for free, for tax or legal reasons.

I wonder why that is. Our bodies. This may sound crude, but I see no difference between paid surrogacy, adoption, or selling your newborn baby. The only difference being a long waiting period and a ton of paperwork. scratch

How weird.... I didnt make the above comment. But I think I did make the stuff that i supposedly quoted.
Back to top Go down
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Sahel578 wrote:
Sahel578 wrote:
Quote :

I wonder why that is. Our bodies. This may sound crude, but I see no difference between paid surrogacy, adoption, or selling your newborn baby. The only difference being a long waiting period and a ton of paperwork. scratch

How weird.... I didnt make the above comment. But I think I did make the stuff that i supposedly quoted.

Sorry about that. I just noticed it. I must've hit "editer" instead of "quote". I was still getting the hang of the admin options at the time. I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Sahel578 wrote:

Edited: 6/17 at 9:38 pm
Back to top Go down
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 pm

hahaha... sorry for my being paranoid... I had a little internet stalker drama last fall..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Surrogacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Surrogacy   Free Surrogacy Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Surrogacy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crispy Mumz :: All Things Parenting :: Parenting :: Pregnancy-
Jump to: