Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Birth control

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Birth control Empty
PostSubject: Birth control   Birth control EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:00 am

What is your method of choice? What do you like about it? Any downsides?

Next month I am trying out the copper IUD. I'm scared cause I've heard the horror stories of lengthy heavy periods (which I've already had in the past). BUT I don't do well with hormone BC, so I'm excited to try this out, PLUS if I like it- it's good for 10 years- way cool!

What do you use?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Birth control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth control   Birth control EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:42 pm

I would love to get on Mirena, but I'm suspicious of inserting anything that affects my natural menstrual cycle. We used diaphragms while we were dating and even soon after we got married. They were just annoying when it came to "heat of the moment" situations. Condoms are getting to be pricey, especially since we get the ones with crazy features (Super Satisfaction, Equal Pleasure Climax, et al.)

We're probably not having another baby, but I don't want to go through a tubal ligation, especially if I change my mind. A friend of ours just got a reversal and her story scared me.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Birth control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth control   Birth control EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:01 pm

I know for sure I don't want anymore kids, but a tubal scares me. I really want it done- so I don't have to worry anymore. But then I talked to too many women on the net who said their periods changed and other symptoms. Actually symptoms similar to the IUD, so I figured I'll give the IUD a shot- if I don't like it- at least I can just take it out. A tubal reversal is a little more involved y'know.
I used to want the Mirena, but I'm done with hormone BC, even though it's localized and not as strong as a pill- I don't want to take the risk. I'm jealous of women who can take pills or whatever with no problems. But I've always fallen into the category of the weight gain, mood swings, loss of sex drive, etc.
Blah, life would be easier if Ian would get a V.. maybe he will someday, but for now, I know he's scared of hospitals, doctors, etc. lol But a V is so much easier than a Tubal ligation. Though I'm sure it's not without it's risks. Everything has risks. But I don't want to risk another pregnancy either LOL
Back to top Go down
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Birth control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth control   Birth control EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:29 am

I was on the pill since I was 14. I had migraines and it "cured" it. I always thought it would be hard to get pregnant because I had been on the pill for so long (16 years). Yeah right, I went off the pill Jan. 12. I was pregnant Feb. 10.

I was pretty much on the same pill for ever, but then when these new types came out, I tried them... the one that was supposed to make your skin clear, made my migraines (and acne) come back. The seasonale- 1 period every 3 months was the freaking DEVIL! How about a 3 month long period?

I would never do the Depo shot, they tested that in South Africa, where I grew up and it messed up a lot of women. I figure that I will just go back on my old standby pill when the time comes and hope to have the same luck.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Birth control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth control   Birth control EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:33 am

That's so great you have a pill that works for you Smile
And fantastic you got pregnant so quickly cheers

As for the migraines, I've always had bad headache/migraine issues (my Dad always has too), and the pills I've tried seemed to have made it worse :/
What is the name of the pill that you like?
Back to top Go down
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Birth control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth control   Birth control EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:07 pm

loestrin has been what I have been using for the past 5 plus years (besides those 3 months I did the seasonale). Its also has a generic, microgestin which is pretty inexpensive.
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

Birth control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birth control   Birth control EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:06 pm

My birth control is Ray's vasectomy (:
Back to top Go down
http://designbaby.net
Sponsored content

Birth control Empty