Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Candy For Babies?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Candy For Babies? Empty
PostSubject: Candy For Babies?   Candy For Babies? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Do/did you let your infant have sweets? At what age is it okay for kids to start?

We saw a woman today with a 9 month old, and she let him have a Dum-Dum. We have a relative that let their 6-month-old have a sucker, too. Is this weird? It's really all very new to me, because I just assumed artificial sugar was a no-no for babies anyway. We also know a family that let their 3 year old have Coke and Oreo cookies. DD can't have candy until she's at least 4 or 5. Definitely not soda, chips, or cookies. I'm no food Nazi, but as far as I'm concerned it's not about making a statement so much as we're trying to eat better and want to set a healthy example for her. We can't be scarfing down cookies and candy among or things, then jump down her throat over getting one too many cookies, and make her eat fruit (i.e. like my childhood). I only drink water and fruit juices at home. I might order a Sierra Mist or Sprite when we go out to eat, just because I don't drink caffeine.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Candy For Babies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candy For Babies?   Candy For Babies? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Sugar is a big no-no for babies, but people will still do it.
I'd be lying if I said I never shoved chocolate ice cream in front of any of my kids faces... if my scanner was working I'd post some pics lol Just the other day I was letting Kelvin suck strawberry -lemonade freeze drink out of a straw- well mostly just so I could get this sour face pic...

Candy For Babies? O193199177

But with that said- everything in moderation. My kids very RARELY have sugar/junk. They still have Valentine's Day candy from school left over- we ration things so much and really make it stretch. Halloween candy usually lasts well into the next year. I think as long as sugar isn't a normal part of a kids life, I don't see anything wrong with a little something sweet now and then.
But I understand where you're coming from.. when I had Lily- I didn't want her having ANY sweets as a baby, none. By kid #3 (Zoey) she was licking my ice cream cone at 4 months old (I know Bad Mom!). lol

I'm just being honest.

This is me hiding...
study

ETA: I will say I do think a lollipop is a bit much for a baby... I'm talking about a few bites or licks of something... an entire lollipop is a bit much. Unless the kid is going in for surgery and needs a lil' distraction, then I can understand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com

Candy For Babies?
Page 1 of 1