Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Mother, Yourself

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Your Mother, Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Your Mother, Yourself   Your Mother, Yourself EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 8:45 am

Good or bad, does your relationship with your mother influence the type of mother you are?

Mine does. I think I learned what not to do from her. When the ultrasound results told me I was having a daughter, I was very disappointed. Not because I didn't want a girl at all, but because I didn't want the same relationship I had with my mother. I recently found out that her behavior was beyond my control, and it's not my fault that things are the way they are. That said, I love my girl and I will keep loving her. I'll start early helping her build confidence and self-esteem. I won't view her confidence as arrogance or a threat to my womanhood. I hear women say that they're "best friends" with their kids. I don't want that, but I do want her to know she can always trust me and know that anything I do - no matter how much she hates it - is from the bottom of my heart, for the best.

I can't say the same, and it's scary. She says she loves me, but I don't trust her motives and I haven't for a long time. I hope I can break the odd cycle.
Back to top Go down
lucretia
Regular
Regular
lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Your Mother, Yourself   Your Mother, Yourself EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Yes, and no. I went through something simaliar when I found out I was having a girl. I have a good relationship with my mom, but as a kid I grew up with my dad. So in some ways, I am not sure how to do things. But I guess parenting in genreal is like that, no handbook, lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.paisleymoon.biz/
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

PostSubject: Re: Your Mother, Yourself   Your Mother, Yourself EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 7:58 pm

My mother is.... lets just say... evil... and leave it at that.

The abuse and trauma from my childhood terrifies me that I will somehow lose my mind and be a bad parent. So I think/hope that I will be hyper-vigilant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Mother, Yourself   Your Mother, Yourself Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Mother, Yourself
Page 1 of 1