Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

talk to me about your formula decision?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
summeraire
summeraire

talk to me about your formula decision? Empty
PostSubject: talk to me about your formula decision?   talk to me about your formula decision? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm

why did you decide to use formula?
How muh do you use? do you full time ff or just suplement?

I will be back in a few minutes to give my answers have to take dd to see the pig real quick
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about your formula decision?   talk to me about your formula decision? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:35 pm

I breastfed all but one of my kids.
I was 19, my husband at the time was in Bosnia, I had a 19 month old and a newborn. I nursed my DD1 with no problems at all- so I kinda expected it to go the same with DD2. What a world of difference! I had pain, bleeding, crying through feedings- then she'd puke up the blood tinted milk she nursed down. I was frustrated, and I gave up after a couple weeks.

I felt SO guilty afterwards! I don't judge mothers who formula feed- I strongly believe if Mama aint happy, aint nobody happy. And if a woman isn't comfortable nursing or can't for whatever reason- I respect that.
But for myself- I was happiest when nursing. So when I gave up- I did feel really bad.

So when I had my 3rd daughter- and the same stuff happened - I toughed it out and 4 weeks later I was nursing her with no pain. I wish I had done that with my 2nd, but oh well.

Anyways! I would get her the Nestle Good Start formula, but if I was short on money the Parent's Choice wal-mart brand.

I have used formula with my other babies though for babysitters. I'm not into pumping- I admit. So I would just get a can of formula for anytime I wouldn't be around for a feeding. Usually by then my babes have been older too so it's not so much a big deal. Getting them to take the bottle of course is the hardest step.

Currently I nurse my 5 month old all the time- we've tried to give him a bottle maybe 4 times in his life.. he didn't like it at all lol. We really want a date night the day we get married so we may try to give him a few practice runs with the bottle and hope he adjusts to it so we can escape! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com
summeraire
summeraire

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about your formula decision?   talk to me about your formula decision? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:39 pm

ok here are my answers

i supplemented with DD because i have flatish nipples and HUGE breasts so she had a hard time latching and lost 3 lbs and the dr threatened to put her in the hospital. so we got a pump and some bottles and formula. We used similac soy with her because that was what WIC gave us but she was alwasy sick the first year come to find out she was allergic to the soy. Mad

With ds we have had the same problems with latching so we are using similac sensitive.

It wasn't as disapointing this time because we knew what to expect. but we are ok with what we are doing now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about your formula decision?   talk to me about your formula decision? Empty

Back to top Go down

talk to me about your formula decision?
Page 1 of 1