Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cloth Diaper Hiatus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Cloth Diaper Hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Cloth Diaper Hiatus   Cloth Diaper Hiatus EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:11 pm

I have a ton of cloth diapers, doublers, and covers, but I still use disposables on a day-to-day basis. I feel awful about it, but it's so much more convenient. She started this thing recently where getting changed is bad and she must scream. Once you lay her down, she arches her body up so that she's only on her head and feet (think: The Exorcist), and her face gets all red from screaming. It's awful. I hear it's a phase, though. Once she gets a bit older, I'm thinking we'll go back to cloth. That way she'll potty train easier, I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diaper Hiatus   Cloth Diaper Hiatus EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:15 pm

I go back and forth too lol. Some days it's all cloth, some days it's sposies, some days it's nothing but elimination communication. If you're busy like me- it's understandable- but at least we try lol Once things around here get more "settled" (after the wedding, my parents visit, painting/unpacking/decorating the house, start my school schedule, etc) then I plan to seriously EC at least half the day, then cloth the rest. And only use NatureBabycare dipes when I do use a sposie.
That's the plan anyways lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diaper Hiatus   Cloth Diaper Hiatus EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 am

Back on hiatus. Waiting for two new diaper covers to come in. I reordered some BumGenius AIOs. I think the others got put in the diaper pail with the disposables and accidentally thrown out. I threw out 3 $17 diaper covers like common trash! Crying or Very sad The other part that sucks is that they were in cool colors that weren't available this time around. Ah well. I picked up some Natural Choice diapers from the commissary last week. They're made from corn oil or something. I think I'll keep buying disposables for travel and overnight (we went to the beach this weekend and cloth would not have been a good idea), but I'll only get the biodegradable kind.

Cloth is working well. It's just annoying how the diapers and inserts get soaked with pee. I want to put another diaper cover on her, but then I think, "It's just baby pee, and it's not that much." I feel gross putting those things back on her when they're moist, but I hear it's normal?

Any input would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diaper Hiatus   Cloth Diaper Hiatus EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:23 pm

ChewyMama wrote:

Cloth is working well. It's just annoying how the diapers and inserts get soaked with pee. I want to put another diaper cover on her, but then I think, "It's just baby pee, and it's not that much." I feel gross putting those things back on her when they're moist, but I hear it's normal?

Any input would be helpful.

I think thats why CD mamas are really into "woolies". Cause the wool soaks up the moisture real well. I'm kind of ignorant on that aspect- I haven't been CDing as much as I wanted to. I just really LOVE the nature babycare dipes! lol But yeah, I try not to put a wet cover back on, if it's just a lil' moist- I dont see the big deal. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diaper Hiatus   Cloth Diaper Hiatus Empty

Back to top Go down

Cloth Diaper Hiatus
Page 1 of 1