Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Debate Rules: Please Read Before Posting!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Debate Rules: Please Read Before Posting! Empty
PostSubject: Debate Rules: Please Read Before Posting!   Debate Rules: Please Read Before Posting! EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Welcome to the debate thread!

We love a woman who can speak her mind, but we don't much care for bullies. If someone says something you disagree with, offer your position and give reason and proof to back it up. If someone disagrees with you, don't take it personally. We're all entitled to our opinions. Most importantly, don't say anything on this forum that you wouldn't say to someone in face-to-face interaction. It's easy to hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard and screen name, but we're "mumz", so let's set a good example for our kiddies.

We don't want to have to send anyone packing, so if things get too heated, we'll have to lock the thread and give everyone time to cool off. To clear up any confusion, here are some debating "dos and don't s".

Do share your opinion. (Ex. "I think tofu is great/sucks")

Don't make generalizations or attack others. (Ex. "People who don't eat/eat tofu suck at life!")

Do feel free to disagree, but be rational and intelligible. (Ex. "I happen to think tofu tastes like cold sewage, but I imagine it's an acquired taste" or "My family enjoys tofu with just about every meal. I just don't understand why some people don't like it.")

Don't forget to make sure your opinion is clear and you aren't stating it as fact. (Ex. "Rice cakes are much better than tofu...IMHO")

Happy debating!

ChewyMama
Back to top Go down

Debate Rules: Please Read Before Posting!
Page 1 of 1