Crispy Mumz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... for the borderline crunchy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Movies?

Go down 
+2
ChewyMama
Nina
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:59 pm

I recently watched Slumdog Millionaire- great movie!
What other movies are out now? I need something good to watch... a feel good movie would be nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ProsperWithWellness.com
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:20 pm

I haven't been to the movies in a looong time. DD was very small and nursing her would put her to sleep for a few hours. Now, she's likely to sit up and watch the movie with us, while disturbing everybody else with her babbles and squeals. Sure, I could get a babysitter, but I don't want to. It just doesn't feel right yet.

Anyway, the best we can do is the drive-in for now, so we're not as disturbing to everyone else. I really want to see Star Trek, Wolverine, and I still haven't gotten to see Milk. Netflix kicks back in in a few days (I suspended it a few months ago, since we were BROKE! then) and I think it's upfront on the queue.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:30 pm

I hear ya! Kelvin hasn't been to a theater yet.. but all my other kids had when they were newborns. It definitely gets harder as they get older. We are HUGELY into Netflix! Love it!
I don't think I've heard of Milk... I'll have to check that out.
We just received a couple netflix movies today- Bottle Rocket which I've seen, but don't mind seeing again!
And Nausica of the Valley of the Wind (I think it's anime, haven't seen it).
So yeah- I guess those 2 will hold me over till I can find some more movies.

Last edited by Nina on Mon May 04, 2009 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:19 pm

I'm a big fan of foreign movies... if you liked Slumdog (which I loved!) you might also like Monsoon Wedding.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Oooh just looked it up on IMDB, looks good! I'll check it out!

Oh yeah, I saw "Yes Man!" last night, it was decent. Nothing great, but not bad. Some real funny scenes!
Back to top Go down
lucretia
Regular
Regular
lucretia

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:26 pm

awww, Slumdog made me cry!! boohoo!

I watched The Dutches last Saturday and it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paisleymoon.biz/
summeraire
summeraire

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:30 pm

I have no idea what is out now i just watch the oldies but goodies! Dirty dancing tonight!
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Well, I'll tell you what NOT to watch! haha So, yeah, that Nick & Norah movie was pretty lame. I was also disappointed with the Dark Knight. I was really looking forward to seeing it, but I couldn't get over the voice they used for batman... Ummm... let me get back to you on this... I haven't slept in about 48 hours, I can't think...
Back to top Go down
http://designbaby.net
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:30 pm

I thought the Dark Knight was super lame too. I'm a big Christian Bale fan and was like.. whats with the Batman with a cold voice?
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 5:32 am

Sahel578 wrote:
I thought the Dark Knight was super lame too. I'm a big Christian Bale fan and was like.. whats with the Batman with a cold voice?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was weird!
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:30 am

THANK YOU!
Ian and I were VERY disappointed with the Dark Knight. It was terrible. I'll have to dig up my min-review I wrote for it after seeing LOL...

here it is..
The Dark Knight
On IMDB TDK is still at a 9.1.. meaning plenty of people have rated it a 10. Let me share my thoughts.

When I heard Katie Holmes would not be playing Rachel, I thought "Oh thank God!" because I felt Katie looked too young for the part, and that talking out of the side of the mouth thing gets kinda creepy.
When I heard that Maggie would be playing Rachel I thought "Ummm???" But I like Maggie as a person- I'll give her a chance.
Maggie was awful. She looked old and puffy, and you just have to laugh when Joker says she's beautiful. She WAY overacted, and Ian said she even looked drunk in some scenes.
Ok, so she's terrible- but I won't let that ruin the film for me... I'll try not anyways.
Ok, she dies- woot- yay! But wait... So now Harvey is turning to the dark side since losing his "love"? There was no development of their relationship in the movie- you see them kiss only once and it looks very forced. There was NO chemistry between Aaron and Maggie- but their love was so strong that losing her turned him "two-face"?
Aaron was PHENOMENAL btw. He played the DA awesomely. His "two-face", not so awesome. It didn't look natural... and not because half his face was missing either lol.
And then he "dies"... did he really die or not? Who knows.. but the fact that they have a character going from good to the first 3/4 of a movie- then turns bad for the last 1/4 only to have them killed- kinda pointless.
Heath Ledger was PHENOMENAL as Joker. The Joker character was the ONLY thing that made this movie worth seeing. His magic trick was hilarious btw- my brother kept trying to spoil it for me, I wouldn't let him.. good stuff! Joker was insanely superb, BUT- he did do a lot that seemed unrealistic. Yes, I know, its a movie based off a comic series- so be prepared for many unrealities, BUT that is what made Batman Begins so great- cause there was so much realism.
I understand Heath Ledger is dead, so maybe that's why people feel this movie should be a 10... but to be fair Scarecrow in Batman Begins was equally phenomenal, I LOVED him! But that is just my opinion.
Now on to the "star" of the film, Batman. Christian is an amazing actor- why did they overshadow him so much in this movie? They didn't need to give him crappy fight scenes and crappy lines. I don't think they utilized him well at all. I LOVE Christian as Batman, and he was so incredibly awesome in Batman Begins.. but in TDK, he's like the supporting actor for Heath and Aaron. And what was up with the dogs? lol

Ok, so I saw pros and cons, on IMDB I rate this movie a 6.8... Casting Maggie and actually thinking she did a good job to keep her in the film alone knocks off a whole 2 points. Another point for making Batman look lame. And a .2 for the uneven and unnatural flow of storylines.

When the movie ended, Ian turned to me and said "That was terrible." Then we both said "Batman Begins was way better."

I thought Watchmen was lame too... I have a review somewhere on that one too lol.
Back to top Go down
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:33 am

Maggie (whom I also like in other movies) looked like a sad turtle in the Dark Knight.
Back to top Go down
lucretia
Regular
Regular
lucretia

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Okay, now I feel at home cause dh and I were super bummed out about the Dark Knight. We thought it was going to be much better becuase of all the hype it got.
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:39 am

ahhhh! I totally just deleted a super long post! ugh! Ok, well this will be shorter b/c I don't want to retype that whole thing again!

Here's my 2 cents on my weekend's netflix line up....

W. - LOVED IT! It made me hate bush a little less. Well, not as a president, but as a person, I suppose. It really amazes me though how a drunk loser became president of our country. I guess all it takes is a lot of money and a little family pull... Anyways, I really liked the movie & will probably watch it again today! (:

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - Ok, very stupid, but parts of it made me bust out laughing! It's one of those movies that you've got to see once, and then you'll get it out of your system. lol
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:04 am

I liked W too... it was a little slower and more boring than I hoped LOL, but pleasant to watch.
Haven't seen any of the H&K movies.

Last night I saw "There Will Be Blood"... I want my 2 hrs and 38 minutes of my life back PLEASE!!!

Today we will see Religulous (sp?), I'm not expecting to like it much- I don't like Bill Maher that much- I mean, I agree with some things he says, but he comes off as such an arrogant ass LOL

Oh yeah- and Star Trek was AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see it in bluray!
Back to top Go down
Sahel578
Regular
Regular
Sahel578

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:35 pm

We watched Taken over the weekend... and Letters from Iwo Jima.

Taken was entertaining and mindless.

Letters from Iwo Jimo = my husband said he was offended by it because it was so boring. DH spent the movie giving me commentary on which Japanese soldiers looked like his relatives. (Apparently one of the generals looks like his grandmother. wtf? oh, yeah, fyi.. husband is Chinese)
Back to top Go down
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:01 am

We've got two Netflix movies coming today: Milk and The Day the Earth Stood Still. Any personal reviews?
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 8:36 am

The Day The Earth Stood Still was decent. I liked it.

I have Taken on my Popcorn Hour, I haven't seen it yet, but it's there along with a bunch of other movies I haven't seen yet.

Yesterday I saw American History X... yeah I hadn't seen it before- I think I've been living under a rock lol. It was really good but depressing at the same time.
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:37 am

Have I mentioned that "We Own the Night" is an AWESOME movie? Not a feel good, family type movie...but I love it. I think I'm developing a crush on Joaquin Phoenix (:
Back to top Go down
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:52 am

snowboardnmom wrote:
Have I mentioned that "We Own the Night" is an AWESOME movie? Not a feel good, family type movie...but I love it. I think I'm developing a crush on Joaquin Phoenix (:

I heard the reviews were bad and that they really didn't get along while filming. Apparently, Eva Mendes compared him to a spoiled child? I'll check it out, though. I used to think he was HOT, until he got that mountain man beard. Smile
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:56 pm

haha it's funny to hear what actors/actresses think of one another, but yeah... I still liked it & so did ray (: f' the critics!
Back to top Go down
Nina
Admin
Admin
Nina

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:05 pm

hmmm haven't seen We Own The Night...

but lastnight I saw Valkyrie.. it was decent.

Want a crazy out there movie that will keep you laughing non-stop? Pineapple Express... but keep in mind- this is the kind of movie where you just let go of all reality and enjoy the ride lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
ChewyMama
Admin
Admin

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Nina wrote:

Want a crazy out there movie that will keep you laughing non-stop? Pineapple Express... but keep in mind- this is the kind of movie where you just let go of all reality and enjoy the ride lol. Smile

That was one of the first movies we saw after DD was born. She was 10 days old and we went to a drive-in. The House Bunny was part of the double feature. She was so easy back then. All I had to do was nurse her and she would fall asleep. Today, I'm sure she would try to drive the car off the lot or something.
Back to top Go down
snowboardnmom
Regular
Regular
snowboardnmom

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Nina wrote:

Ray saw it and I still haven't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lucretia
Regular
Regular
lucretia

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Anyone see, The Secert? I just seen it the other day and wow! It's about thinking positive and stuff, and I think it was really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Movies?   Good Movies? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Movies?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next